Incidents like cybercrimes, cyber espionage, and cyber warfare are increasingly making headlines. From personal to organizational levels; cybercrime has become a common tool to accomplish malicious goals. Terrorist organizations and rogue nations are funding cybercriminals to breach security networks and compromise national security features. On the other hand, complex security requirements are throwing a challenge to businesses to update frequently with the methodologies that can handle hidden vulnerabilities. In such a case, specially trained cybersecurity professionals come to the rescue of businesses. The ethical hacking experts dedicatedly work towards the effectiveness of service and confidentiality.
Though many organizations are preparing themselves for cyber incidents, traditional businesses are now proactively understanding of the need for ethical hacking. The purpose of ethical hacking, in simple terms, is to identify and evaluate vulnerabilities in the entire IT infrastructure. In another sense, ethical hacking is competing with the attacker to identify, analyze, and removing the vulnerability before it is exploited. An ethical hacker is a proficient person who intrudes networks, systems, and applications to help businesses find threats and vulnerabilities, but does so while remaining in the legal boundaries.
Become a Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
C|EH has been developed with the following three motives –
- To establish an individual as a credentialed ethical hacking professional.
- To reduce the talent-gap by enabling the credential to meet industry standards, through the NICE Framework.
- To reinforce ethical hacking as a self-regulating profession.
The program will immerse you in the hacker’s mindset to enable you to defend against future attacks, not restricted to a specific technology, vendor or equipment.
C|EH includes the five phases of ethical hacking
- Reconnaissance – Information gathering and knowing the target systems.
- Gaining access – Gain access to the systems after collecting enough information.
- Enumeration – Gathered information is used to identify vulnerabilities.
- Maintaining access – Maintaining access for a long time unless the task is finished.
- Covering your tracks – After the hack, close all tracks and leave no trace of hacking.
What else does C|EH include?
- 20 security domains that help in beefing up the security posture of the organization.
- 20 comprehensive modules with 340 attack technologies.
- Practical labs and the opportunity to use iLabs.
Other unique features of the C|EH program
- C|EH v10 is 100% compliant to NICE Framework under the specialty, Protect and Defend.
- The C|EH exam is ANSI accredited that signifies that the C|EH holder has obtained specific skills to meet industry requirements.
- It has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense Directive 8570 as a baseline certification.
- The latest version has a dedicated module on vulnerability assessment and IoT hacking.
- C|EH is focused on the latest attack vectors like cloud technology, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.
- It includes complete malware detection and analysis which is crucial for an ethical hacker.
- Hands-on program with 40% lab practice sessions and support to access iLabs.
Salary of a C|EH credential holder
Want to improve? C|EH Practical!
C|EH Practical is not a program it is a certification
It is a six-hour rigorous exam which stands as the next step to C|EH credential. There is no separate training to appear for C|EH Practical exam and obtain the certification. After you have obtained the C|EH credential and practical exposure, you can apply to the C|EH Practical exam.
C|EH Practical is 100% verified, online, live and proctored
C|EH Practical exam requires you to demonstrate ethical hacking technologies like network scanning, threat vector identification, vulnerability analysis, OS detection, web app hacking, etc. while solving security audit challenge. The exam is developed by a panel of industry experts and includes 20 questions that are based on real-life scenarios. The pattern of exam and questionnaire is to validate the essential skills required in the ethical hacking domain. The exam is not stimulated rather it mimics a real corporate network through the use of live virtual machines, networks, applications, etc. that are designed to test your skills.
Mastering Ethical Hacking
C|EH Master is a credential that fortifies your ethical hacking skills. It represents that you have learned, understood, and proved the methodologies of ethical hacking. It also explains that you have learned and acquired the required ethical hacking skills and methodologies as well as gathered and achieved practical application skills too.
To be a C|EH Master, you must successfully demonstrate your ethical hacking skills through two distinct certifications. First, you must acquire ethical hacking hackings skills and attempt to demonstrate them to attain C|EH credential. In the second part, you must pass the C|EH Practical exam. Attaining the C|EH Practical after the C|EH will grant you access to the C|EH Master.
Source: EC-Council blog